Blog Archives - A Lesson in Patience
Here it is: Day 1 of my cooking experiment!

I honestly don't know if this will be interesting to read, but maybe. If not, come back in a week. :)
Suddenly feeling a little woozy, so I'm just going to post my (completely! homemade!) menu for tomorrow and then take my behind to bed. :(

Breakfast: Cranberry-Pear Crunch Cereal (quinoa, soy milk, pear, sunflower seeds, almonds, cranberies, nutmeg)

Lunch: Golden Tofu on Toast (tofu, Dijon mustard, toast)

Dinner: High-Protein Pasta (penne, homemade sauce, tofu)

Three very easy meals to start out with. Even the homemade sauce won't be that bad.

There are some things I couldn't find at Whole Foods today, so I'll need to go out at some point to pick them up, but otherwise, planning an easy day tomorrow. Would like to work on the nursery, will see how I feel. Better, I hope. :(

- Antiope

Back at the house - boxes in the mailbox held my books for school and some jewelry I'd ordered. The cats were wild. My plants were thirsty.

I got an update on my OB referral from Tricare and called the OB's office to make an appointment (left a message). The garage called; Theseus's car is fixed. My college held 6 new-student orientations during the month of August and I didn't know about them so I missed them all.

I have to work a half-day tomorrow at my new unit, to get inprocessed and game-plan my (hopeful) job in the late spring. I also have to pick up my refill for prenatal vitamins. And, apparently, try to beg someone at my school to give me a one-on-one orientation, as I still have no idea how to get around the campus. School starts in 9 days.
I'm leaving for NJ tomorrow morning, but I wanted to leave a little post today to let you all know I haven't dropped off the planet. Once I'm back at the house and settled again, I'll get back in my blogging routine. And with school starting on Sept 1, I'll have whole new things to talk (complain) about. :)

Massachusetts was refreshing this week. I met up with two friends from high school, changed my name at the social security office (finally... nearly 4 years later...), ate vegetarian tacos with T and J, spent a day and a half surrounded by my huge extended family of Nam Knights, got a beautiful new hair cut, watched a Patriots preseason game on tv (can't do that in NJ), smooched my niece, and woke up to the sound of rain.

Last night I had trouble falling asleep, so I flipped through the channels looking for something interesting. I ended up watching Juno, which I've seen about a hundred times, but still makes me laugh so hard (and cry so hard). It really is such a sweet movie. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Well that's it for now. Life will be back to normal after tomorrow, so expect to hear more from me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

- Antiope

Dropped my laptop today, somehow cracking my thumbnail so low it bled. The corner of the laptop landed on one toe, which is now greyish and swollen. Happy Tuesday, everybody!

In other news, I paid off the balance of my credit card and purchased the books for my classes. I got three loads of laundry done, cleaned (most of) my bathroom, tidied up the kitchen and dining room, and ate three normal (and healthy) meals.

Tired now. Taking this broken(?) toe to bed.

- Antiope

Horray! Another month in the trash can. :)
I'm not sure I'll have a chance to post anything for the next few days as I'll have a house full of people (I'll try though), but I wanted to write quickly about something that just hit me - I'll be 25 in two days. Twenty five.

Where does the time go? :/

- Antiope

I did it! I picked out my classes today, registered for them (with help from a very sweet woman at the satellite campus) and got a list of my books.

It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I tend to get flustered when presented with a lot of paperwork or a lot of options, but Ms. J broke the degree requirements into segments, so I only had to decide between 5 or 6 courses at a time.
Ok, so, maybe yesterday was just a fluke? *crosses fingers* Today I feel LOADS better. I even managed to put on a bra and some mascara.
I think sleeping in as long as I did may have helped. It was nice and cool in the bedroom and the sheets felt soft and wonderful. I stayed in bed until about 10:30, when I could no longer ignore my cats walking across my back and meowing at me, but I got up feeling genuinely refreshed. That might have been the first good night's sleep I've had since Theseus left.
Well, not yet, but maybe sometime soon.

That's right, it's here: morning sickness. Also: afternoon sickness, evening sickness and night sickness. It's great. (It's the opposite of great.)